Our CNC Building Blocks are one of the easiest ways to assemble a CNC machine. Follow this forum for information and sharing plans, blue prints and other ways to make your machines using these parts.
By GeorgeIoak
Anyone started looking at rails and made any decisions on what they'll purchase yet? I know there are some standard parts at McMaster Carr and Grainger but I recently also started looking at MiSUMi as it appears they offer some higher tolerance parts. I know stainless steel isn't a requirement but if you start to think of using some type of coolant having SS parts would be a plus.
By AJ Quick
How does MiSUMi compare to McMaster in terms of price?

I have ordered from them in the past and they have been very reasonable.

Though when searching for shafts, we haven't found anyone cheaper than McMaster-Carr.. even when buying just 1 shaft.
By AJ Quick
That seems about normal.

Its hard to go to MiSUMi and just get a quote on standard length parts like this. I wished they used more pre-determined stuff and less custom 'you generate the part number' parts.
By GeorgeIoak
That's what I found too which makes it hard to do a direct comparison in pricing. Can anyone decipher if MiSUMi does indeed offer higher precision parts? I'd gladly pay an extra 10-20% if allows me to build a better machine.
By ecurtz
From my reading of the pages the standard Misumi shafts are -0.0005" tolerance on the diameter and 0.02" on length the McMaster ones are -0.001" on diameter, and not given for length, but probably good since they are standardized.

I'm planning on doing an aluminum build, so I'll probably just order from Misumi, but my projects tend to go slowly, so I might not have any information to pass on for quite a while.

Steve, Thanks for letting us know. I believe the[…]

What are your DIP switches set to? They can cause […]

CNC electronic questions?

AJ, Thanks a lot for your help,

Testing the 3 Axis Controller

I had replied to your email, but I'll post this he[…]