Our CNC Building Blocks are one of the easiest ways to assemble a CNC machine. Follow this forum for information and sharing plans, blue prints and other ways to make your machines using these parts.
By AJ Quick
Here are the CAD drawings of the CNC Building Blocks. These are subject to change and represent the idealized setup. It is possible that due to plastic shrinkage the spacing between the holes on the Z-axis will change slightly. They may be 2.995" instead of 3.000". We'll post this information and update the drawings if we see any changes in the materials.

Z-Axis (1 included in CNC Building Blocks kit)
The Z-axis slides on 3/4" OD shafts, spaced 3" apart. The ACME lead screw is immediately in the center (1.5" from both shafts), and mounts using #6-32 screws with a 3/8" ACME nut with a 1" spacing (included). The front of the Z-axis has a mounting plate that will accept 1/4-20 bolts with a mounting pattern of 2" (tall) by 1" wide.

Shaft Sliders (4 included in CNC Building Blocks kit)
Designed to replace an aluminum linear slide with 3/4" OD shafts. The mounting pattern is two #10 bolts, spaced 2.375" apart. The shaft sits approximately 15/16" or 0.9375" away from the bottom of the mounting plane.

ACME Nut Retainer (1 included in CNC Building Blocks kit)
Similar in fashion to the shaft slider, the center of the ACME nut is held 15/16" or 0.9375" away from the bottom of the mounting plane. Has brass hardware for #6-32 machine screws to attach a standard 3/8" ACME nut with a 1" mounting pattern (included).

Shaft Supports (8 included in CNC Building Blocks kit)
These are very straight forward supports for holding a 3/4" OD shaft in place with a 1/4" bolt running through the center.

Steve, Thanks for letting us know. I believe the[…]

What are your DIP switches set to? They can cause […]

CNC electronic questions?

AJ, Thanks a lot for your help,

Testing the 3 Axis Controller

I had replied to your email, but I'll post this he[…]