Our CNC Building Blocks are one of the easiest ways to assemble a CNC machine. Follow this forum for information and sharing plans, blue prints and other ways to make your machines using these parts.
By frodeheg
I have the complete CNC Building Blocks kit with motors and the controller board.

I was doing some security considerations before I start mounting anything and was thinking maybe I should add some endstops to all the axes. However, I'm a little bit unsure how this could be done since the Controller Box doesn't have any inputs except the LPT Interface.

Which options would be the best?
1) Connect the endstops to the computer that is controlling the CNC and let the sw stop the motors?
2) Connect the endstops directly to some of the wires to the motors to cut the power or something
3) Ignore adding endstops because the motors has some kind of protection mechanism against burnout (do they?)
4) Other suggestions?
By AJ Quick
The controller box has screw terminals that limit switches can be hooked up to.

You can set software limits inside Mach3 (or other CNC software) that will not allow the machine to go beyond the limits of the machine. Adding limit switches is a good backup. You can also use limit switches to home the machine, which is beneficial.
By frodeheg
Ah, yes, that is an even better idea. I'll drill some holes in the box to get access to those terminals .

Thanks a lot! :-)

Steve, Thanks for letting us know. I believe the[…]

What are your DIP switches set to? They can cause […]

CNC electronic questions?

AJ, Thanks a lot for your help,

Testing the 3 Axis Controller

I had replied to your email, but I'll post this he[…]