Our CNC Building Blocks are one of the easiest ways to assemble a CNC machine. Follow this forum for information and sharing plans, blue prints and other ways to make your machines using these parts.
By frodeheg
So, apparently it was nothing wrong with my drill, but rather the tools. When drilling stainless you should use Cobalt drill bits with lubrication and keep drilling speed around 400 rpm. Clearing all those 3 mistakes made it a lot easier. I have almost mounted all the lead screws now, will post images later.
By AJ Quick
This is coming along great.

Any chance you can get a digital camera to take a few good pics when its done? We'd love to share the design with all of our followers!
By frodeheg
Thank you for the kind words,

There is still some way to go until I'm complete; work and family have their demands so I struggle getting enough time. It look promising for next week though, so I might be able to continue with the mounting then and post some more pictures.

Stay tuned :-)

(I really would like to work on this day and night if I could :D )
By AJ Quick
Its ok. Think of all the time you will save by having a machine that makes stuff for you!
By frodeheg
But I have some new stuff... I printed this cable carrier on my 3d-printer. It's intended to be used on the cnc-machine :-)
By AJ Quick
Awesome.

What kind of printer do you have? Did you print it all as one piece?
By frodeheg
I have an ultimaker, all parts are printed seperately, took about 25 minutes for each link, so it took me some days.
By frodeheg
Ok, so I may have been a little bit silent lately, but I kind of stumbled into a design flaw that meant I had to do quite a lot of redesign which wasn't very motivating (and Diablo III was quite much fun too), however now I have signed up for Trondheim Maker faire end of next week, so I will try to solve this issue until then and post some awesome pictures.

The design flaw was that I added four rods to hold the axis going back to front and I placed one slider on each rod, which unfortunately made it completely stuck due to the tiniest rotation forces. So what I should have done was to ask if I could buy 2 or 4 more sliders, because they are not available in the web-store, however now I'm in kind of a time pressure, so I will try to move the sliders I have to the top rods and either
a) Use Open Rail to support the bottom part. It will probably be a bit more noisy due to the wheels, but I think it will slide pretty well.
b) Print sliders on my 3d-printer temporarily and order 2 or 4 more sliders from AJ, if possible...

AJ, is it possible to order sliders, and what is the suggested distance between these sliders for optimal sliding? I don't want to move them too close since I lose work-area for every inch I move them.
By AJ Quick
I didn't notice that you had 4 bars running lengthwise down the machine. Anything over 2 could result in jamming if not in perfect alignment. I would recommend placing two sliders side by side (is that what you're thinking of?) vs. the two bars up and down.

I would actually eliminate the bottom bars completely if you can.

I can ship sliders ASAP. Send me an email:

http://www.aquickcnc.com/contact/

Steve, Thanks for letting us know. I believe the[…]

What are your DIP switches set to? They can cause […]

CNC electronic questions?

AJ, Thanks a lot for your help,

Testing the 3 Axis Controller

I had replied to your email, but I'll post this he[…]