Our CNC Building Blocks are one of the easiest ways to assemble a CNC machine. Follow this forum for information and sharing plans, blue prints and other ways to make your machines using these parts.
By AJ Quick
Still in the process of overhauling the main store unfortunately.
By DennisB
Hi AJ,

no worries, I for one don't mind another couple of weeks or so...
Perfect to see this topic staying active though!

Regards Dennis
By AJ Quick
I've written nearly 20k lines of backend code over the last two months (in addition to doing my regular jobs).

This weekend is going to be a 3 day programming marathon. I hope to finish up as much of the front end code as I can.

I don't get to take holidays or vacations.
By Valdhor
I know the feeling.

Good work though; That's a lot of code.

I just recently did a count of the number of php files I've written in the past eight years and was very surprised to find approx. 660,000 files. And that's in addition to application code that calls the back end php.
By AJ Quick
I haven't written nearly that many, but I've been doing PHP stuff for a long time. I still consider myself a novice.

This is the first project that I've done where I want a fully working and full featured backend for administration. The idea will be that once I have that all done I can hire a few people to help out and will be able to use the shopping cart without my help. I'm currently doing a lot of editing directly into the database and that requires some special knowledge of the system.

Once the cart is done, I'll be able to focus my efforts on R&D, new products, and the like. Currently spending waayy too much time shipping out orders every day.

Eventually the shopping cart will be open source. Although the code is going to be pretty archaic in places until I have time to update a lot of the outdated code. Most of the current shopping cart system was written in 2007/2008.
By AJ Quick
Just wanted to give you guys an update.

I started working on the front end code about two weeks ago. I've added about 10k lines of new code and am absolutely thrilled with the way it is turning out. Everything has been functioning exactly like I've drawn out and its starting to fall into place. There is still a lot to do, but I've started focusing about 2-3 hours per night on the weekdays and 5+ hours on the weekends. This weekend is yet another huge push for more features and drive toward completion. I might even be able to tackle the PayPal API and get that system buttoned down. (Which would make the front end mostly functional).

There will be all kinds of cool stuff added like Reviews, Bulk Discounts, Special Order items, Shipping Options, Coupons, Gift Certificates, Multiple Pictures, More detailed descriptions, Technical specifications.. etc. There will be bundles, parts, accessories..etc all arranged logically (I hope). When you add an item to your cart, it will recommend an item that goes along with it and will allow you to add it to your cart immediately.

Once launched the system will probably have 100 products with over 1000 different variations available. Mostly hardware components for the CNC machines... and lots of stuff we've been meaning to add.
By MikeB
Hi Guys,

This project has never materialized and I'm abandoning it for other pursuits. If you know anyone that might be interested in a set of building blocks and a controller I've listed them for sale on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161424346434?ss ... 1555.l2649

Thanks!
-Mike
Last edited by MikeB on Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve, Thanks for letting us know. I believe the[…]

What are your DIP switches set to? They can cause […]

CNC electronic questions?

AJ, Thanks a lot for your help,

Testing the 3 Axis Controller

I had replied to your email, but I'll post this he[…]