Keep up to date with the latest changes here at A Quick CNC. This is also where we will post new developments and new machines!
By AJ Quick
We are only minutes away from having the project be fully funded! We've spent the last 6 hours working to get the Production Prototype finished, and are so close to having it done. The UPS man delivered the shafts, but not early enough to get them lined up and installed correctly. Ultimately there was a tolerance issue that prevented us from getting the Z-axis to slide smoothly on the Y-axis. However that did not stop us from putting it in our dust enclosure and running the X-axis back and forth.

The X-axis is moving across the table surface at a speed of 200 inches per minute (some might say that is quite.. "zippy"). With proper tuning and adjustment (and in combination with the Y-axis) speeds of 300-400 inches per minute should be possible.

Thank you to everyone who has backed us, supported us, helped us. We look forward to posting more updates as the real work begins.

NOTE: The chatter heard in the video will be eliminated on the final version. We had forgotten to install 1 part on the leadscrew!

VIDEO

Steve, Thanks for letting us know. I believe the[…]

What are your DIP switches set to? They can cause […]

CNC electronic questions?

AJ, Thanks a lot for your help,

Testing the 3 Axis Controller

I had replied to your email, but I'll post this he[…]