Keep up to date with the latest changes here at A Quick CNC. This is also where we will post new developments and new machines!
Today has really been a 15 hour day working to get the CNC finished. Unfortunately we had forgotten that our shafts for the Y-axis would not be here until tomorrow (Tuesday). Hopefully the UPS man comes early... He normally comes between 11AM – 1PM and our Kickstarter project ends around 1PM. Certainly a race against time! We will have everything ready to go though, and will hopefully just pop the shafts in and fire it up for a test! (If we don’t get a video up before the end, expect it Tuesday / Wednesday).

I've been asked several times if MDF would be strong enough as a construction material for this CNC. ABSOLUTELY. This machine was engineered from the beginning to use MDF; all the parts were designed to withstand the forces put upon it and more. Just check out the photo below... I was able to stand on the CNC base and it only flexed a tiny bit. With the optional aluminum supports, it will not flex at all!

Thank you to everyone who has supported this project so far! It really means a lot.

Steve, Thanks for letting us know. I believe the[…]

What are your DIP switches set to? They can cause […]

CNC electronic questions?

AJ, Thanks a lot for your help,

Testing the 3 Axis Controller

I had replied to your email, but I'll post this he[…]