Keep up to date with the latest changes here at A Quick CNC. This is also where we will post new developments and new machines!
Lots of people are anxiously awaiting more news about our project! Just to let everyone know... it's coming. The main thing we have now is a waiting game for parts to arrive. We previously mentioned that we would be charging a lot of items to our credit card and then using the funds to pay that back. Lots of parts have been ordered as a result and some are even showing up early! We just today received a shipment of shafts from our supplier. It's hard to believe, but the shafts account for more than 10% of the total cost of this project. Nearly $6000 just for shafts! It's one of the most important parts and we are proud to use some of the highest quality components available.

Another part we are working hard on is the molds for the z-axis and other parts. The third and final mold for the z-axis has been finished, and the other two molds have been improved. Our three multi-part molds are now capable of creating plastic z-axis' over and over with excellent results. The main problem with this method though is time. It takes almost 4 hours to go from setup to plastic pouring to curing and finishing. That will definitely slow down production... but we hope to get all of those parts finished before the rest of the supplies show up. That's the plan at least.

Check out the photos below! (Ignore the putrid green color, finished Z-axis' will be black/grey!) More updates to follow soon... and we will be posting lots of updates as the parts are built.

Steve, Thanks for letting us know. I believe the[…]

What are your DIP switches set to? They can cause […]

CNC electronic questions?

AJ, Thanks a lot for your help,

Testing the 3 Axis Controller

I had replied to your email, but I'll post this he[…]