Keep up to date with the latest changes here at A Quick CNC. This is also where we will post new developments and new machines!
By AJ Quick
We have been working hard putting our designs to the test. We had come up with a brand new Z-Axis design that utilizes an I-Beam construction instead of the original split design (Which had significant draw backs). We have already made about 10 of these Z-Axis designs. We have been testing those using different methods, to find the strengths and weaknesses. We even purchased a brad nailer to help aid in construction.

Tonight's tests showed that there was still some work to be done. Check out the photos of the three Z-Axis' we built tonight. You can compare the new Z-Axis to the original design found on our prototype. It is much more compact, while still having the 4" of travel that we wanted. After testing and contemplating this design we made a few more modifications and will be testing out that design tomorrow. A preview of the CAD is at the bottom, it relies more on dowel nuts instead of being permanently glued and nailed.

We have also had a lot of concern over the MDF construction on this part. We will be investigating possibly changing the manufacture process and make this piece out of black HDPE. If we can find a way to save money through bulk pricing on other components... we will be upgrading this part of the machine to plastic. (Unfortunately our prices are locked in on Kickstarter otherwise.)

We are so close to our goal! Thank you so much to everyone who has backed our project. Today has been a rough day, but I hope this update keeps you guys interested!

Steve, Thanks for letting us know. I believe the[…]

What are your DIP switches set to? They can cause […]

CNC electronic questions?

AJ, Thanks a lot for your help,

Testing the 3 Axis Controller

I had replied to your email, but I'll post this he[…]