Our machine as seen on Kickstarter! This is our 12"x18" machine with linear shafts and bushings. It is our basic starter model with many options and upgrades available!
By Gameplan
Do you have any plans for a Mac operated version?

I'd consider one of these Quick Cut CNC machines if it could run off my iMac.

Make it Wi-Fi machine and it be even better.

Then the Quick Cut CNC could reside in one area/room and the iMac in another.

Perhaps use a iPod Touch that has a built-in camera to monitor the machine.

Another thing. What about installing an electrical power unit in the machine that will run 100 ~ 220 like a Apple does with its product line?

I'm probably way off base on these issues but I thought I'd ask.

Nice job on this project guys. Keep it up.
By AJ Quick
Gameplan wrote:Do you have any plans for a Mac operated version?
Our machine is not dependant on any kind of computer platform. That is up to the control software which runs the machine. At this time, there is no Mac software that we are aware of. Certainly the Mac could dual boot into either Windows or Linux to run the software though.
Gameplan wrote:Make it Wi-Fi machine and it be even better.

Then the Quick Cut CNC could reside in one area/room and the iMac in another.
Wi-Fi doesn't really have the proper protocol to make this work. The machine sends and recieves thousands of signals per second on a dozen different channels. Serial interfaces are starting to come around, but they are expensive.
Gameplan wrote:Another thing. What about installing an electrical power unit in the machine that will run 100 ~ 220 like a Apple does with its product line?
Our machine is capable of being run on 110 or 220. It just requires opening the box and flipping a switch. Similarly to Apple, you must use a different power plug.
Gameplan wrote:Nice job on this project guys. Keep it up.
Thank you for the suggestions!
By GVardaman
I'd also love to see a Mac version, even running parallels or bootcamp to boot into Windows, but then it would also require a USB interface...
Any chance of those happening?

Just unboxing and looking at the tutorials now, woohoo!
I'm off to find where I can get the anti-backlash nuts for X & Y axes. :D

Is it bad that I already want to upgrade to a larger surface and an aluminum base before I have assembled anything? :roll:
By AJ Quick
GVardaman wrote:I'm off to find where I can get the anti-backlash nuts for X & Y axes. :D
We'll have those listed soon.

Steve, Thanks for letting us know. I believe the[…]

What are your DIP switches set to? They can cause […]

CNC electronic questions?

AJ, Thanks a lot for your help,

Testing the 3 Axis Controller

I had replied to your email, but I'll post this he[…]