Our machine as seen on Kickstarter! This is our 12"x18" machine with linear shafts and bushings. It is our basic starter model with many options and upgrades available!
I set mine up like Dale and it's much quieter although slow. I'll play with the speed since I was able to get mine moving faster than this, but it was pretty loud.

The one problem I'm having right now though is with the Z-axis. The fit of the rails seems to be pretty loose which makes the router mount sway back and forth as it moves up and down. Anyone else having this issue?

John
I do have the same issue where the z axis is a little loose I found that I could hold it back easily and was going to figure a way to use a spring or bungee to hold it back that way it had some room to flex. If you figure a better way to shore things up let us know.

Tommy
I'm quite possibly having a similar issue. The default set up is noisy as hell. All my DP switches are off, and I've got the motor tunning set to 1000/50/30 at the moment. at higher feeds and rapid traverse, its quieter, but for slower feeds it still grinds along quite loudly. Any suggestions for someone who knows how program and machine, but knows nothing about electronics?
okay, got it set up for the 1/2 step settings. all axis are moving fine, however when I do an arc test (MDI mode, g91g2x2.y2.i2.j0.f30.) I still get an acceleration/deceleration noise, for the whole arc, the noise hitting its apex at the apex of the arc. how can I smooth this out?
Are you sure its not supposed to sound the way it sounds? Circles actually make the coolest sound. It sounds like the machine playing a melodic scale. Does it sound like its grinding or anything like that?
I am now currently testing 1/8 step settings with a velocity of 60 and acceleration of 10 for x and y and it has smoothed out some. Still noisy and if I press speed or acceleration much I get the motors locking up. I did have a 20 for acceleration and by bumping that to 10 it did help with smoothing the arcs but I still think there is more room to get the motor/controller tweaked. I am thinking about taking my motors and controllers off my little homebuilt 10x9 gantry machine and installeing them on this machine. I will let you know what the specs and settings of the motors and controllers are and what the results of the test are.

Dale
lol actually after I posted and got home, I realised what it was AJ. Its the steppers working as intended. What that noise is, is the steppers trying to accelerate up to the feedrate you posted in...it can't go "full speed" on arcs, because one motor is always a lil behind/ahead of the other due to the nature of arcs. I'm used to the equipment at work with servos and their not making that noise. I think its all set now. I'll try to make some parts and videos over the weekend between school and the sweet OT at work.
That makes sense. Try turning down the feedrate (you can override the feedrate in Mach3 using the up and down arrows in the Feed rate box) and see what happens.

Also. Thanks to the information that Tommy and Dale has come up with, we have just posted our configuration guide for the electronics:

http://www.aquickcnc.com/tutorials/cnc- ... ler-setup/

You'll note that the settings do differ from what was posted in the manual for the board. The manual is wrong.

Steve, Thanks for letting us know. I believe the[…]

What are your DIP switches set to? They can cause […]

CNC electronic questions?

AJ, Thanks a lot for your help,

Testing the 3 Axis Controller

I had replied to your email, but I'll post this he[…]