Our machine as seen on Kickstarter! This is our 12"x18" machine with linear shafts and bushings. It is our basic starter model with many options and upgrades available!
By AJ Quick

Our CNC's are designed to be compatible with common off the shelf aluminum linear ball bearings blocks. The blocks run very smoothly, and are definitely the top of the line upgrade for the machine. We would like to put together a group buy for the bearings. They can be very expensive. Typical costs are $115+ each. I think if we got enough people together, we could get the price down to $90 each (2 are required for a machine). To make an even better deal, we would ship them for free in the US.

This group buy has been cancelled in favor of our new CNC Building Blocks system. Our linear bushings will be just as good as the aluminum bearing blocks.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ajq ... ing-blocks

1. jschisler
2. kmatariyeh
3. hroth
4. brouhaha
5. briancconnelly

Let me know if you are interested! The bearings would be ordered and shipped from Japan, and would be of the higest quality.
By AJ Quick
Nope!

We actually included holes and threaded inserts already on the gantry. These things will bolt right on, and maintain all the spacing of the machine. We designed it that way! ;)
By GVardaman
Please excuse my ignorance...

Does this replace a part on the machine or is it an additional part?

Either way, sounds like a great idea (the group buy!)
By GVardaman
Excellent! When would you be doing this and should I hold off on assembly until I get these or are they simple to replace after final assembly?
Thanks!

Steve, Thanks for letting us know. I believe the[…]

What are your DIP switches set to? They can cause […]

CNC electronic questions?

AJ, Thanks a lot for your help,

Testing the 3 Axis Controller

I had replied to your email, but I'll post this he[…]