Our machine as seen on Kickstarter! This is our 12"x18" machine with linear shafts and bushings. It is our basic starter model with many options and upgrades available!
By AJ Quick
In case anyone was looking for it. Here are the dimensions and measurements for the Kickstarter CNC table surface. In case you end up cutting into your table (hey it happens!) or if you end up using your table surface as the spoil board itself...

PDF Download here: http://www.aquickcnc.com/downloads/kick ... urface.pdf

The holes are 1/4" diameter, with a countersink.
By GVardaman
The first estimate I got, for a flat slab of aluminum, with the holes in it, was around $275.
It seems like something that could be purchased already cut to the outer dimensions and then have user-drilled holes with countersinking. Maybe then the underside could be cut out to lighten it up?It's not as though this is a portable setup, but in the cabinet I am setting up in, the weight may be a consideration.

It would also seem like, if you were going to replace the surface, it should have the rails/grooves in it for mounting material.

Incidentally, could this be an open grid ofr ease of clamping material? Is that overkill? Impractical?
By GVardaman
It recently occurred to me that the quote I got was for exactly the existing tabletop, in aluminum. Duh.
It could obviously be much thinner and probably far less expensive! Maybe 1/4" thick?

I wonder if folks who are running theirs can say which parts are most in need of replacement with a stiffer or tougher material, if any?
I would actually really like to cut aluminum parts on mine, but I don't know if that is so slow as to make it ridiculous or not. Has anyone done that? Any tips?
By maria14
That could be purchased already cut to the outer dimensions and then have user-drilled holes with countersinking. Maybe then the underside could be cut out to lighten it up?It's not as though this is a portable setup, but in the cabinet I am setting up in, the weight may be a consideration.
By AJ Quick
I don't think hallowing out the MDF would be a viable solution to lighten it up. MDF needs to be solid in order to maintain the weights put upon it. That's why we would recommend a custom aluminum table since it can be thinner and lighter, while still being strong.

Steve, Thanks for letting us know. I believe the[…]

What are your DIP switches set to? They can cause […]

CNC electronic questions?

AJ, Thanks a lot for your help,

Testing the 3 Axis Controller

I had replied to your email, but I'll post this he[…]