The electronics that take the impulses from the computer and make the motors turn.
By Jackrats
I've got my controller kit soldered together except for the motor drivers, at the stage of the documentation to test voltages.

My 5V test point has 12V on it, and my fan output has 5V on it.

Shouldn't matter, but running a 24V input, double checked my polarity right at the controller's DC input point.

I've double checked all of my components, even comparing visually to the pictures in the installation guide, nothing is out of place. I've checked my solder connections and don't see any bridges or apparent cold solder joints. I've even reheated the joints that didn't look picture perfect.

Any ideas, AJ?
By AJ Quick
You probably swapped the 715 ohm resistor with the 2.05K ohm resistor and vice versa.

You will need to desolder the blue resistors (R4 and R6) and switch the places.

To verify..

R4 should have the colors: violet, brown, green, black, brown
R6 should have the colors: red, black, green, brown, brown

They will be very easy to mix up. So make sure the one with the violet stripe is on R4, and the one with the red stripe is on R6.

Here is the board layout:

Please let me know to make sure this was the cause. And help me verify the documentation with the colors and resistor locations.
By Jackrats
Bah, 2 minutes after posting this, I went through everything again.

I had focused heavily on those 2 resistors as they connect to the Voltage Regulator, I swear I looked at them 3 times before I posted. I think I need a brighter light in my office here.

Of course, that was the issue. Unfortunately, with moderation enabled, I couldn't update until you approved the original post.

Swapped em and everything looks great.

Steve, Thanks for letting us know. I believe the[…]

What are your DIP switches set to? They can cause […]

CNC electronic questions?

AJ, Thanks a lot for your help,

Testing the 3 Axis Controller

I had replied to your email, but I'll post this he[…]