The electronics that take the impulses from the computer and make the motors turn.
By madguernseyboy
hi all.

I am looking at the design for my limit switches.
i have 6 Normally Open switches for the X, Y and Z axis. They will have a 100nf capacitor wired across the terminals.

How should the wiring be rigged for the homing switch???

Does anyone have any circuit diagrams?

thanks
Brendan
By AJ Quick
You won't need the capacitor I don't think. (Is there any reason to have one)?

What you should probably use though is 6 NC (normally closed) switches that open when one of them is pressed. You can then wire them up in series between your homing input and the ground.

Setup Mach3/4 to the port of the homing pin, and make sure your switch inversions are setup correctly (test this without the machine running first to ensure proper operation).

You could also try doing this by connecting each axis to the limit switch pins with 2 switches on each pin between ground. Mach3 may not home using this method though, I'm not sure. It is possible when it hits the limit it will just e-stop instead of homing.
By madguernseyboy
the cap would be to prevent any Bouncing signals due to a vibrating a machine.

do you have any circuit diagrams or links to help describe what your saying?

Thanks
Brendan
By AJ Quick
I don't. But if using Normally Closed switches, you just have to wire them in series.

That is take a wire from the board to one pin of the switch, connect the other pin of the switch to the next switch and so on, and then connect the last wire back to the main board.

This is a drawing I found on Linuxcnc.

You don't want the capacitors. The switches should be sturdy enough.

Steve, Thanks for letting us know. I believe the[…]

What are your DIP switches set to? They can cause […]

CNC electronic questions?

AJ, Thanks a lot for your help,

Testing the 3 Axis Controller

I had replied to your email, but I'll post this he[…]