The electronics that take the impulses from the computer and make the motors turn.
By dalecraven
I just joined as a backer for one of the Quick Cut machines. Thanks for all the work in putting this project together.

What motors and motor controller are you planning on using? I want to get a jump on researching the equipment.
By AJ Quick
Currently we are using 280oz-in torque motors with bipolar motor controllers. We are also looking into alternative electronics for even more power.
By brouhaha
You said here that you were using 280 oz-in motors, and in the FAQ you said that the unit would have a 36V 10A power supply. It appears that what was actually supplied was 180 oz-in motors and a 24V power supply. I don't really want to complain, but what caused the decision to reduce the torque from the original specs? Will the stepper driver that was supplied work with 36V input?
By AJ Quick
The stepper motors are actually 260oz-in. There are a lot of different specifications for stepper motors, and 260oz-in fit the project and controller the best.

We had to go with 24V instead of 36V to prevent damage to the control board when in operation. We found that the overall motor EMF, plus forward voltage would have been too high. I have plans for a new control board that we will produce in house coming soon.
By HBK
What motors and motor controller are you planning on using? I want to get a jump on researching the equipment.

Steve, Thanks for letting us know. I believe the[…]

What are your DIP switches set to? They can cause […]

CNC electronic questions?

AJ, Thanks a lot for your help,

Testing the 3 Axis Controller

I had replied to your email, but I'll post this he[…]