Our machine as seen on Kickstarter! This is our 12"x18" machine with linear shafts and bushings. It is our basic starter model with many options and upgrades available!
By AJ Quick
A few backers wanted to know about the differences between the old plastic cast Z-axis that was found on our Modular Desktop CNC, and the new plastic injection molded CNC Building Blocks. We'll let the pictures speak for themselves, but here are the details:

- The new plastic injection molded Z-axis is almost 1/3 the weight of our old Z-axis. Weighing in at 2lbs vs. 6lbs.
- The new plastic injection molded Z-axis is more compact, and 1" shorter without sacrificing travel.
- The new plastic injection molded Z-axis offers more travel in the side to side (Y-axis).
- The new plastic injection molded Z-axis has integrated brass hardware to prevent bolts from stripping out.
- The old plastic cast z-axis can be swapped out with the new plastic injection molded Z-axis, many of the parts can be reused.

It would be a great idea to upgrade to the new CNC Building Blocks if you already have our Modular Desktop CNC!

Steve, Thanks for letting us know. I believe the[…]

What are your DIP switches set to? They can cause […]

CNC electronic questions?

AJ, Thanks a lot for your help,

Testing the 3 Axis Controller

I had replied to your email, but I'll post this he[…]